For Immediate Needs, Dial 211
JMJ provides: private bedroom, clothing, food pantry, organic garden, community dinners, celebrations, computer access, children’s play area, field trips, learning center, and chapel.
Who can stay? JMJ Home is designed to accept women and children.
How long can someone stay? Individuals are allowed to stay up to six months. Exceptions can be made for those who need more time. During that time everyone is expected to seek employment and permanent housing for themselves.
Typical routine at JMJ:
- Mothers work and go to school
- Children attend daycare/school
- Daily chores
- Rotating cooking schedule
- Mothers look for work and housing
Are other services available? JMJ has added a ministry for the terminally ill for one person in need of private daily personal care.
Spirituality: JMJ is a unique program designed to help residents find their way back to independence and back into society. The spiritual dimension is the foundation of the program.
- A beautiful chapel was built into the home and is used for monthly daily Masses and other retreats. The results of these efforts create a Christian Community at JMJ.
Philosophy: To make the stay of the residents a positive one, there are many fine activities for the residents. The JMJ home provides not only food, clothing and shelter, but love to those who are in need. We work and pray together in the name of Christ.